What is the McDougall Family Fund 2019 Contest?
We are heading into our 6th year of our McDougall Family Fund Contest! That means another $5,000 is up for grabs and if you have been following along in years past you might know we often add a little surprise at the end (that probably won’t change this year). We will be awarding a local charity, non-profit organization or community project with $5,000 towards their initiative. You do not need to be a McDougall Insurance client to enter!
The idea behind the contest is we have always been passionate about the communities we are a part of. Each year we try to contribute money that will directly impact those communities. We believe the McDougall Family Fund Contest is a great way for local initiatives to gain exposure and ultimately win some money that could substantially help their project and their community. The contest really aims to unite the communities to vote for their charity of choice from our top 10. This awareness alone is often times enough to jump start some of these deserving charities towards reaching their goals.
How does the McDougall Family Fund Contest work?
Ahh we are glad you asked! It’s as easy as:
- Create a short video about your organization, explaining who you are, what projects you offer to the community, and what you would do with the prize money.
- Video submissions will be accepted from May 1st – May 22nd. *Remember that videos don’t need to be professional! We just want to see what you guys are all about.*
- The top ten will be selected from our panel of judges on May 23rd.
- The fun begins May 24th, once we have selected our ten finalists the public voting begins! Voting is from May 24th – May 30th.
- The winner of the $5000 will be announced May 31st!
What is new this year with Eric The Intern?
This year we have added a little contest within our McDougall Family Fund 2019 Contest! Eric The Intern, the new guy at McDougall Insurance is going to help one lucky contest record, and be apart of their video. If you want Eric The Intern to help you with your video all you need to do is ask Eric an insurance question. Simply select the button below and fill out the form and you will be entered. We will announce the winner on our social media and message them directly. Good luck!
Last Years McDougall Family Fund Winners
1st Place Winner – $5,000
Community Kids Space
2nd Place Winner – $3,000
Home Again Animal Rescue
3rd Place Winner – $2,000
Southview Public School