What is the McDougall Family Fund Contest?
This is our 8th year of our McDougall Family Fund Contest! That means we will be awarding a total of $10,000 to local charities, non-profit organizations or community projects. $5,000 will go to the first place winner, $3,000 to second and $2,000 to third! You do not need to be a McDougall Insurance client to enter!
We are doing things a little bit different this year because of COVID. Each year we select our top ten videos and let the public vote for the winner. This year, every video submission we receive will be eligible for the contest, we are not narrowing it down to just 10 entries.
You may not be a registered charity or non-profit organization but that doesn’t mean you aren’t eligible. Your project needs to benefit the community, that’s it! For example, lets say you are a restaurant owner. You could use the money to donate food or meals to senior citizens during this difficult time. Or maybe you are a clothing designer, you could use the money to buy materials to make masks for people. The opportunities are endless, just make sure you submit a video that benefits your community!
How does the McDougall Family Fund Contest work?
We are so glad you asked! It’s as easy as:
- Put together a short video about your organization, explaining who you are, what projects you offer to the community, and what you would do with the prize money.
- Video submissions will be accepted from May 1st – May 21st. Remember that videos don’t need to be professional! We just want to see what you guys are all about!
- This year every video that is submitted will be eligible for the contest.
- The fun begins May 22nd and runs until May 31st as that is when the videos will be open to the public to vote for their favourite community project.
- The winners of the $10,000 will be announced June 1st!
Is Making a Video Hard?
Not at all! Making a video does not need to be hard. Pull out a smart phone, hit record and tell us about your project. If Eric The Intern can do it anyone can! Checkout his video for his completely made up community project, “Trees for Bees.”
Last Year’s McDougall Family Fund Winners
1st Place Winner – $5,000
Soper Creek Wildlife – Covid Friendly Drop Off Station
2nd Place Winner – $3,000
Crystal Bay School – Accessible Swing Set
3rd Place Winner – $2,000
Queen’s University – Personal Protective Equipment