How to Get an Online Quote
Here at McDougall we understand that life can be very busy, and not everyone has the time to come into our office to get an insurance quote in person. So this is why we have created our online, insurance quote. It is quick and easy to use, doesn’t take much time and allows you the time to compare with our competitors. In less than 10 minutes, you will have a quote on roughly how much your insurance will cost. We always advise you to come into our office or call and speak to one of our many educated sales reps. Here are the quick and easy steps to do an online quote:
- First go to www.mcdougallinsurance.com
- Pick the type of insurance you are looking for ( Auto, Life, home, business). For this example we will be using auto.
- First we ask you to fill out a few basic questions. First & Last name, e-mail and phone number, and your city. All of this information will help us contact you, to follow up
- Enter your postal code, how many people will be on the policy, and how many vehicles. This is important information because it will help determine the cost
- Now you will enter the city or town you live in, policy holder’s name, gender and marital status.
- You will then provide your licence information, this being the class of licence you have, when you obtained your “G” and if there was any driver training taken. Once you have obtained your full G licence your insurance will generally go down in price, because now you are fully licensed.
- Now it will ask for your driver history, How many years have you had continuous insurance coverage in North America, how many years have you been with your current company and have you had any tickets, driving convictions, or any accidents within the last 6 to 10 years. Your driving history is one of the most important parts in determining your insurance. If you are a driver with no accidents on your record the premium you pay will be less then someone who has been in a accidents or had a suspended licence.
- Now, you will be asked, make and type of the vehicle and your primary use for the vehicle. This is another very important piece of information because the type of vehicle you drive may affect your insurance due to some cars seeming more “safe” than others. For example a Honda Civic is seen as more “sporty” so another car owner of a Civic may pay more than someone who drives an older vehicle
- Now it will ask you vehicle details, Coverage Details, and Endorsements.
Once you have entered all of the information it will provide you with an estimated cost of what your yearly insurance will be. We suggest that after you have completed the online quote for you to contact one of our offices, and talk with a representative, we can assist you better in understanding your insurance if you have any further questions.