Nearest broker: Searching for a broker nearby…
Nearest broker: Tweed Phone: (613) 478-2532 Sunderland Phone: (705) 357-3916 Sudbury Phone: (705) 523-2030 Penetanguishene Phone: (705) 549-7437 Ottawa Phone: (613) 733-3312 Parry Sound Phone: (705) 746-2441 Orillia Phone: (705) 325-4234 Kemptville Phone: (613) 258-5991 Eganville Phone: (800) 884-1045 Petawawa Phone: (613) 687-4805 Belleville Phone: (800) 361-0941 Winchester Phone: (800) 487-3706 Wellington Phone: (613) 399-3620 Trenton Phone: (877) 455-0299 Prescott Phone: (877) 504-3569 Picton Phone: (888) 475-2776 Peterborough Phone: (800) 958 2270 Perth Phone: (877) 248-1222 Pembroke Phone: (877) 399-3299 Oshawa Phone: (800) 887-7309 North Bay Phone: (705) 475-0001 Napanee Phone: (613) 354-2152 Morrisburg Phone: (800) 806-0746 Midland Phone: (888) 737-6465 Madoc Phone: (613) 473-5266 Kingston Phone: (800) 590-5422 Gananoque Phone: (800) 932-2131 Embrun Phone: (866) 853-4740 Cornwall Phone: (844) 463-3616 Cobourg Phone: (800) 895-5902 Carleton Place Phone: (888) 237-9517 Brockville Phone: (888) 345-8663 Brighton Phone: (613) 475-1430 Barry’s Bay Phone: (866) 845-2123 Barrie Phone: (705) 726-3350 Bancroft Phone: (800) 994-0036 Arnprior Phone: (800) 668-7337
Get a Quote
Open Menu
open road with no vehicles

The Worst Road in Ontario is in PEC

What is that one road that you dread driving, cycling or walking on your commute? If it is County Road 49 in Prince Edward County, then unfortunately you are in good company. It ranks the number one worst road to travel in Ontario.

Every year the Canadian Automobile Association holds a campaign asking drivers, cyclists, transit riders and pedestrians (that just about covers everyone!) to identify the worst roads they travel. According to the CAA, the worst roads are those that “suffer from potholes, crumbling pavement and congestion, roads with pedestrian and cyclist safety issues, and roads that have confusing signs and bad traffic light coordination.”

The month long survey held in April provides a voice to locals that are frustrated with the road conditions. It is an opportunity to have your say and make change happen. Sick and tired of hitting those potholes? Potholes and crumbling pavement are the most common issues leading to a road being reported to CAA. Equally frustrating for people are confusing signage and poor cycling infrastructure.

Does any of this sound like your daily commute? Make sure you get heard and vote. Once all of the votes are in and tallied, CAA then uses the results to work with officials to get the work done to repair the roads.

The results are in and one of the conclusions is that more attention needs to be paid to smaller municipalities. For complete results click here

The 10 Worst Roads in Ontario

1 County Road 49 Prince Edward County
2 Algonquin Boulevard West Timmins
3 Balmoral Street Thunder Bay
4 Algonquin Boulevard East Timmins
5 Queenston Street St. Catharines
6 Burlington Street East Hamilton
7 Lorne Street Sudbury
8 Bayview Avenue Toronto
9 Dufferin Street Toronto
10 Riverside Drive Timmins
10 Water Street Thunder Bay

The 5 Worst Roads in Eastern Ontario

1 County Road 49 Prince Edward County
2 Limoges Road Limoges
3 Lansdowne Street Peterborough
4 Marshall Road Belleville
5 Otonabee Drive Peterborough

We would love to do an informal survey right here, right now, so feel free to leave the worst road you travel every day in the comments section below.

Did You Know?

From the CAA website:

Reporting potholes is important because they can be a major road hazard.

For potholes located on local or regional roads, you will need to contact the municipality responsible for that road. For potholes located on provincial highways, you will need to contact the Ministry District Office for the Province of Ontario.

How to contact a municipality

Most municipalities in Ontario have 311 programs in order to contact municipal service. You can dial 311 to report a pothole if the service is offered in your municipality. If 311 is not available, contact the main switchboard at the municipal offices and you will then be routed to the appropriate department.

How to contact the Province of Ontario

Potholes and other highway maintenance issues can be reported by contacting the Ministry of Transportation District Office in your region of the province. Please call 1-800-268-4MTO (4686) to be connected with the regional office in your area.

No comments found.
Anonymous User

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You Might Want to Read

Meet the Dougallers: Conor Hache
Stepping up next to the tee block, he hails from Prince Edward County, he’s a two time Club Champion at Bay of Quinte Golf and...
Welcome M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers to the McDougall Insurance Team!
We are thrilled to announce that we have merged with M.B. Kouri Insurance Brokers Ltd. in Tamworth, Ontario! As of November 1st, 2023 we have...
Why You Should Get Homeowners Builders Risk Insurance
Owning a home is a huge responsibility and investment, that’s why you have to be responsible when it comes to protecting it. And if you’re...
Request a Free Quote

It’s simple and won’t take long.

Get a Quote800-361-0941

Person standing, looking down at laptop