Hey, Frugal McDougallers! The McDougall Family Fund 2018 Contest is back. We are now in our fifth year. I’m sure you all know what that means right? McDougall Insurance is awarding one local charity, non-profit organization or community project a prize of $5,000 towards their initiative. Here’s how the contest works:
- Create a short video about your organization, explaining who you are, what projects you offer to the community, and what you would do with the prize money.
- Video submissions will be accepted from April 30th – May 14th. *Remember that videos don’t need to be professional! We just want to see what you guys are all about.*
- The top ten will be selected from our panel of judges on May 19th.
- The fun begins May 21st, once we have selected our ten finalists the public voting begins! Voting is from May 21st – May 31st.
- The winner of the $5000 will be announced June 1st!
What is the McDougall Family Fund Contest 2018?
We have always been passionate about the communities we are a part of. Each year we try to contribute money that will directly impact their community. We believe the McDougall Family Fund Contest is a great way for local initiatives to gain exposure and ultimately win some money that could substantially help their project and their community. The contest really aims to unite the communities to vote for their charity of choice from our top 10. This awareness alone is often times enough to jump start some of these deserving charities towards reaching their goals.
Past McDougall Family Fund Winners
Last year’s we partnered with our insurance partner Northbridge Insurance to award 3 different winners!
HART won 3rd place and $2,000. The money contributed was used to help spay and neuter stray animals in the Bancroft area.
Kids R Kool won 2nd place and $3,000. The money was used to sponsor local children in sports and provide more Christmas presents to children in need.
Spay and Neuter Kingston won 1st place and $5,000. The money was used to help spay and neuter stray animals in the Kingston area.
This contest is not something that you want to miss! Visit our Facebook Contest page to submit, vote and learn more information about the McDougall Family Fund 2018.