McDougall Family Fund Contest is Back!
Listen up Frugal McDougallers! The McDougall Family Fund Contest is back for it’s fourth year. I’m sure you all know what that means right? Well, McDougall Insurance is awarding one local charity, non-profit organization or community project a prize of $5,000 towards their initiative. Here’s how the contest works:
- Create a two-minute long video about your organization, explaining who you are, what projects you offer to the community, and what you would do with the prize money.
- Video submissions will be accepted from May 1st – May 15th. *Remember that videos don’t need to be professional! We just want to see what you guys are all about.*
- The top ten will be selected from our panel of judges from May 16th – May 19th.
- The fun begins May 22nd, once we have selected our ten finalists the public voting begins! Voting is from May 22nd – May 31st.
- The winner will be announced June 1st!
What is the McDougall Family Fund Contest?
McDougall Insurance has always been passionate about their communities and giving back to these organizations. We believe that the prize money could substantially change a project that a charity or organization is currently struggling to find the funds for, so we are here to help! The McDougall Family Fund Contest really unites the communities to vote for their charity of choice from our top 10. The contest is designed to bring awareness to these deserving charities and the contest winner will use the prize money to enhance their community project and cause.
Past McDougall Family Fund Winners
Last year’s winner, Challenger Baseball, used the money towards a future project of building a wheelchair accessible rubberized Baseball Diamond for children with physical disabilities. The winners in previous years were Queen Elizabeth Public school located in Picton and the Wilno Community Centre located in Wilno. Queen Elizabeth Public school used the prize money towards a project of building a garden space for their students. The Wilno Community Centre used the prize money to build a new furnace in the community centre.
This contest is not something that you want to miss! Visit our Facebook Contest page to submit, vote and learn more information about the McDougall Family Fund.