45 Lessons About Insurance
- Insurance is expensive, but when you have an accident, you’ll find it’s worth every penny.
- If you haven’t had any recent claims you are lucky – not entitled to pay less.
- Yes your insurance is more expensive then so and so’s. It is also cheaper than what alot of people pay.
- High limits sound like a bad idea until you are making a claim.
- Which do you think the insurance company is more lenient too: the person who has stayed with them for 10 years, or the one who hops from company to company because their premium went up $25?
- The best way to pay less is to take care of what you insure.
- Insurance companies aren’t out to get you. They are like that person who you want to date, but have been taken advantage of in the past. They just try to protect themselves, and are sometimes overzealous. Don’t sweat it.
- Sometimes you can overdo it.
- Document everything. Twenty seconds now could save you a lifetime of anger.
- Disclose everything. Minor little details can drastically change an insurance policy, and even the outcome of your claim.
- Insurance goes up. It also goes down. Pay attention to large changes and ask why. Don’t jump to conclusions.
- There is a discount for nearly everything.
- There is an exception for nearly everything.
- There is a solution for nearly everything – you just need to know where to look.
- If you have a claim help should be available for you. Not being there is unforgivable.
- Let your broker be your friend. It helps.
- Mistakes happen. Failure is when the mistakes aren’t corrected.
- Changing your address is a big deal.
- Call your broker after a claim. They know how to handle it and can steward you through the process.
- There are still taxes on insurance.
- There is insurance for literally everything.
- If you think you might need insurance, you definitely need insurance
- Insurance can be a lot like life. At the beginning it’s brash, with crazy numbers and an urge to fight the system. But as time goes on its more logical, fair and you realize that you do it for the people you cherish.
- You get what you pay for.
- Stupidity is not a reason to deny a claim – exhale and understand that you will make mistakes.
- Criminality, however, is. Stay within the law if you want the law to protect you.
- Insurance is more about people then it is about paper. Know the people you need to get the protection you want.
- If you feel that insurance is a scam, you’re doing it wrong.
- Insurance may not be a toy, but it can protect the things that are.
- Hating insurance accomplishes nothing.
- You pay far to much for insurance to allow people to mistreat you
- Advanced notice is your friend. Two weeks and your broker can work magic with your policy.
- Sometimes its best to listen. Sometimes its best to talk. Know the difference between the two situations, and insurance becomes much easier.
- If something does feel right – it probably isn’t right.
- Making changes to insured property is like making changes to a bridge. Sometimes you can take out a piece that makes no difference, but sometimes removing just one tiny bolt can make it come crashing down.
- Brokers have the blueprints of insurance. Ask for them.
- Insurance doesn’t eliminate risk. Insurance transfers a portion of it.
- Buy the cheap little changes that are recommended to you. They cost next to nothing compared to your policy, and can make a world of difference in a claim.
- If you are worried about something being covered – ask. Don’t gamble with your policy.
- Having cheap insurance and having effective insurance are too completely separate things. Understand which one you want, and look out for the other.
- If you go through life paying tens of thousands of dollars in insurance without a single claim, you are supremely lucky.
- Comparing insurance with others is like comparing favorite colours. You will find differences, but they aren’t relevant to you.
- If you aren’t going to have enough money to pay right away, ask for help. Companies can be surprisingly lenient if they trust you.
- Never, EVER drive without proof of insurance.
- Always ask your broker. Brokers work for you because they truly feel they can help you with your insurance, and nothing makes them happier then being able to make a difference. Thank them afterwards too, they’ve heard too many insurance broker jokes.
- There is always something extra somewhere in insurance. Whether or not it is a good or bad thing depends on the situation you are in.
No comments found.
You Might Want to Read
March 29, 2023
Do I Need to Increase My OPCF 20: Loss of Use Coverage?
The cost of living is rising and we are feeling the effects in many different facets; groceries, gas, entertainment. The increased costs are also finding...
March 6, 2023
How to Prevent Car Theft
Car theft is becoming a real problem in Ontario. With the advancements in technology and the value of vehicles being at an all time high...
January 30, 2023
Why Do I Need Farm Insurance?
What is Farm Insurance? Farm insurance is a type of insurance that specifically covers farms and other agricultural properties. The coverage may also include protection...