Getting Road Trip Ready
During the last month of the summer season, many people decide to take a well-deserved road trip. Who doesn’t love a good road trip? We want to make sure your road trip goes off without a hitch. Here are some general tips for road trips.
Things to check with your vehicle before you go
Get your car in to the mechanic for a check-up. Car breakdowns are never fun. Make sure your oil levels, tire pressure and windshield washer fluid are all at adequate levels. It is also a good idea to make sure you know where your vehicles spare tire and necessary tools are located in case you get a flat tire. Your car insurance policy may come with an endorsement called the emergency roadside protection, which is similar to CAA. You can call then number if you get a flat tire, run out of gas or require assistance.
Renting a car for your trip? Call your insurance broker or agent to see if your car insurance already includes coverage for recreational rental vehicles. If so, you can decline the extra insurance offered by the rental car company.
5 tips for a smooth ride
1) Plan out the route in advance: Make a plan for adequate gas fill-ups and bathroom breaks. A GPS (Global Positioning System) is a great idea as detours can occur. A GPS can be purchased separately or may come pre-installed in your car. Many smartphone apps are available for this purpose as well.
2) Pack the must-haves: Cell phone and charger, wet wipes and tissues/paper towels for food or drink spills, camera, water bottles, emergency/first aid kit, maps (either on your phone or paper), sunglasses, and sunscreen. You can indeed get sunburn through car windows!
3) Music: Standard radio stations can be unreliable in rural areas due to weak signals. Pack some CD’s or use car satellite radio/music streaming services from your phone.
4) Smart snacks: Choosing healthier snacks like fruit, nuts, and vegetables can help keep your blood sugar levels steadier. This can reduce the likelihood of drowsiness while driving.
5) Updated insurance slips and your vehicle registration: We can never predict when we will get pulled over by law enforcement. Up to date paperwork can help avoid some headaches.
We want you to make the most of your road trip and enjoy your time. It is never fun to have unexpected bumps in the road but with this checklist your road trip should be smooth sailing! To make sure your road trip is worry free get a travel insurance quote.
You Might Want to Read
March 6, 2023
How to Prevent Car Theft
January 30, 2023
Why Do I Need Farm Insurance?
January 11, 2023