Tips for Business Owners to Avoid a Claim During COVID-19
Tips to Avoid a Claim
- Keep some lights on.
- Remove ALL cash and receipts.
- Do not leave any valuables clearly visible or accessible.
- All safes and tills should be emptied and moved off-site for safe storage.
- Keep all cash drawers open to show that nothing is in the drawers.
- All ATM’s should be emptied and moved off-site for safe storage.
- All alcohol products removed from bar and put in secured storage areas (no alcohol left visible from outside).
- Consider posting “NO CASH or Valuables on Premises” signage.
- Deactivate all scheduled FOB door openings (ie. Cleaners, deliveries, etc).
- Disconnect all kitchen gas lines from their gas source.
- Make regular site visits to monitor your shop/business and to manage inventory and storage conditions (consider scattering the times this is done to not establish a pattern).
- Every Insurance company has different insurance wordings, but if your business in unoccupied, you should be checking your properties every day during the shut-down period. Pay particular attention to sump pumps. Consider shutting off the water if it is practical.
If you have any questions about your commercial insurance coverage at this time or want to know more about your policy, contact your broker.
No comments found.
You Might Want to Read
March 6, 2023
How to Prevent Car Theft
Car theft is becoming a real problem in Ontario. With the advancements in technology and the value of vehicles being at an all time high...
January 30, 2023
Why Do I Need Farm Insurance?
What is Farm Insurance? Farm insurance is a type of insurance that specifically covers farms and other agricultural properties. The coverage may also include protection...
January 11, 2023
What is the Best Type of Windshield Washer Fluid?
In Ontario we know how valuable windshield washer fluid can be. From the slushy winter snow to the dusty summer back roads, keeping your windshield...